(Location: Chennai, India)
At Postbox, We design products which are relevant, functional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Each product is designed to scale. Through design, we communicate spaces and culture we see around us. We let the product speak for itself in terms of design, style, and functionality.
We come with a reputation of producing fine leather goods and Handloom fabrics, our superior product quality, and our commitment to the customer experience.
We strive to bring together a community of people who work together with a culture of mutual respect, support, accountability, and passion for the brand and product. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for exceptional talent to thrive.
What you'll need to have to apply for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accessories Design.
- To understand the intricacies of various materials which can be used
- A curated portfolio with some of your best work (It should also talk about the process behind each product)
- Solid knowledge of the Niche E-commerce market space
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience. Freshers would be preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator & In-design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills which help you speak to our partners across the industry.
- Fluency in English - both oral and written, is essential.
Your work will be:
- To design and come up with a framework for a collection of products from Inspiration to the final product.
- To develop a process while designing a product.
- To design a scalable product. We don't do couture.
- To work on filler products from time to time while you are working on a collection. This requirement will be need based.
- To work closely with the marketing team to figure out what are the kind of designs which are receptive to the audience.
- To work with Manufacturers and our vendors and make sure all the materials used and the patterns for each product are ready.
- To travel to our facilities around India to make sure the production of our products is top notch and is moving ahead without any delays or product related issues.
The Qualities you will need to have:
To be able to manage time efficiently thereby executing his/her duties in a timely manner.
To be able to think on their feet, coming up with solutions which are time sensitive, innovative and practical while being calm under pressure. These are also times when you do not have access to other team members for advice.
On some days you will need to work extra hours to finish a project. What will be in check here is your spirit to commit yourself to get the job done and work with people who love building and solving everyday problems.
A Team Player:
We want to work with someone who derives immense pleasure from and focuses on moving the team forward and not the individual alone.
If you think you have it in you to be part of our small passionate team, write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject "Accessories Designer - Travel Accessories & Laptop Bags"
Attach a brief note about yourself, what product design means to you & how you will execute this role at The Postbox.